See attached information from Forests, Parks and Recreation for upgrading and increasing visitors to Lowell Lake State Park in Londonderry.
Subject: Lowell Lake State Park – Meeting Thursday, March 28 at 6:30 PM at Neighborhood Connections
Lowell Lake Working Group
March 28, 2019, 6:30 PM
Neighborhood Connections, 5700 Mountain Marketplace, Londonderry
· Welcome to new participants, sign-in sheet, meeting protocol
· Group organization and process
§ How should the group make decisions between meetings?
§ Because the group has grown, do we need a Steering Committee?
§ Being inclusive while remaining productive
· Discussion of messaging and press releases
§ Who will be designated to respond to the press?
§ Should we issue press releases and if so, when?
§ Informational brochure, letters to the editor, paid ads
§ Lawn signs
§ Community/town hall-type meetings to inform the public – when, where, who will present and on what topics
· Producing Our Position Paper
§ Identifying Individuals or teams to produce content on key subjects: overnight lodging, the cabins and other building, the impacts of ADA compliance, sanitary facilities, expansion of access roads and/or parking, logging, habitats, water quality, noise, light pollution, traffic, fees/segregation of access based on use and fees, etc.
§ Format, version control, supporting data, citations, etc.
§ Who will aggregate?
§ Deadline for Position Paper
· Interaction with Forests, Parks and Recreation
§ Status of the questions we submitted
§ Should we request another meeting with Ethan Phelps?
§ Should we request a meeting with the Stewardship Committee
§ Should we request a meeting with the commissioner?
· Interaction with Fish & Wildlife – next steps?
· Interaction with Select Boards, Conservation Commissions/Committees, etc.
· Interaction with elected state representatives
· Next Meeting
§ Agenda items
§ Who will facilitate?