- PORTIONS OF WINDHAM HILL ROAD WILL BE CLOSED MONDAY, TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY FROM 6 AM to 6 PM (approximately) AUGUST 17, 18 and 19.
THINK AHEAD AND PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY
According to Selectman, Kord Scott,
- Monday – The plan is to replace the 4-5 culverts in the “South End” on Windham Hill Road between the south entrance of Burbee Pond Road and Chase Road in South Windham. Locals who are familiar with the route can take Old Cheney Road off of Burbee Pond Road to Windham Hill Road in Jamaica to detour around the South End work – at their own risk, if desired – as it is a one way road in some areas.
- Tuesday – The 4-5 culverts in the “North End” of Windham Hill Road between the Town Garage and Lawrence Four Corners at RT121 will be replaced. Locals who are familiar can take Harrington Road, in front of the Meeting House (if you can get to Harrington; there are culverts that need to be replaced in this section that are south of Harrington Road) to Glebe Mountain Road to Route 121 to detour around the North End work.
- Wednesday – extra day if needed.
- We should alert people to find another route around those areas while the work is being done. But, we do not guarantee that there will be easy access, or directions to the detours – as there will be a lot of activity going on. The work crews will need to stay focused on getting the work done.
- In both cases, it would be best to reiterate that people should plan for extra travel time next week and plan other routes that avoid the areas totally – and take the attitude that the road will be closed as indicated.
- Our crew will be on site to assist the contractors and provide some help with traffic control – basically to keep people away.
- Emergency services will be represented on site and in the case of unavoidable emergency traffic like a fire or ambulance, the crew and contractor will be prepared to get them through the work site.
THINK AHEAD AND PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY!